All that said, I have no new job and while I'm trying to get one there are almost none to apply for and it's depressing to see what is out there. Luckily we are still okay and should be eligible for some government support funds next month. Sooo... that should mean I have lots of stitching done right? Well... sort of. I have some, for sure, but not really as much as I would have thought I'd get done in a monthly quarantine situation. Same with reading, I'm finding it hard to concentrate on stitching (with no frogs present) at times and so progress is slow. But I do have a finish!
On the left is:
On 40ct Ivory Linen. Using DMC Variations (Autumn pack from Lakeside) thread.
I substituted a couple elements of the design. The biggest change I made was to not use the cat or dog design in the doorways and instead out little snakes in. It's a subtle change but meaningful to me as my pets aren't furry but scaly. Speaking of the snakes we just installed new tanks for the boa (whose now over 6 feet!) and I'm super happy to have upgraded space for him and one other.
Here's a picture of the snakes change up close:
These are on 36ct Weeks Dye Works 'Gun Metal' Linen using DMC Coloris thread. I'm really pleased with how nice the Coloris thread is and it's variegation (considering it's quite cheap compared to most overdyed). Working on the dark linen has definitely given me a challenge and the frogs have come to visit a lot. But I'm enjoying how it looks, and it has even given me a need to use my magnifier (that in 10 years I've used maybe 3 times) when I misplace a stitch. I have the three you see below on top, and enough room for three more motifs underneath if I want. So I'll see what I'm feeling when I get to the bottom row; I might swap to a different variegated type of thread.
Here it is to date:
Thanks to everyone who continues to take the time to read and care about my stitching and posts. I hope everyone is staying safe, sane and stitching!