Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dragon has a Head!

I normally wouldn't post again about dragons so soon after just finishing a page. But this was a milestone that I'm just so excited about and wanted to share.
The first of the two dragons in the piece has a head!! Check out his head:

And which means now... he's a real dragon:

It's so exciting to see this piece really coming together and looking like something. Those who've been following on this long (years) journey of mine probably remember when it wasn't much more than blue or green blob (much like Soul Mates is now, lol).
While still only just over halfway complete I really feel like it's just stitching up so much faster. I think I've really improved my over one skills in the years since I started and am just more proficient at it than before.

I've got some bracelets made up in different fibres that I've been using (all Kumihimo) and I started another mill hill kit (mailbox with bird) but I keep forgetting to take pictures! Sorry I will see if I can remember later this week.

Thanks for visiting and all your lovely comment. I really appreciate them!

25 comments:

Claudette497 said...

I remember those green blob days! It's looking just stunning now, I can't wait to see both dragons done!

Meari said...

I also remember the green and blue blob days! Which is why it's so awesome that your dragon finally has a head. You should be proud :)

Kate said...

Well done Mel. It's looking great.

Bekca said...

Wow, this is looking so great! Keep up the wonderful stitching Mel, best wishes.

Nancy M said...

I remember when I used to say....where's the dragon??? Now that's no more! Congrats on your progress and for still being excited about a LWIP!!!

EvalinaMaria said...

You are excited and you should be! Congratulations!!! The dragon looks fabulous!

Pumpkin said...

SO beautiful Mel! You must feel very satisfied to have gotten this far :o)

Diana said...

I'm new to this group. I am enjoying all the xmas exchanges and blog updates.
Your dragon is beautiful!! I am guessing this is a HAED. I want to try one,but can't decide which one. They're all so great and a little scary. they look so detailed. Great job!!

Diana

Angie said...

Wow! I love dragons an that is stunning

Emily in NC said...

How great, he looks so much better with a head and eyes.

Vicky L said...

A whole dragon,wow! Great job Mel! Milestones like these gives us the momentum to keep stitching. Huge congratulations!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Congratulations Mel! Your Dragon is looking marvelous! I can't believe how expressive his face is! He looks timeless and wise, exactly like I always think a dragon *should* look, LOL :)

Anne Sans Tete said...

Wow, Mel! That looks amazing!!!

- Lisa N. in Cambodia

Cleejoow said...

congrats on finishing the head :) your piece comes more alive like this...
Can't wait to see it finished

Denise SA said...

It must be so satisfying to see a complete dragon I am sure the rest of the piece will go quicker.

Christina G said...

Very impressive. I imagine you must feel rather like Michelangelo when he was half done with his Piatta (spelling?). LOL

Maureen said...

wow you are going great guns on this - how nice to see your dragon's face now

Measi said...

Hi fellow Mel! :) Thanks for joining the WIPocalypse! It looks like you're much as I am... BAPs that are gorgeous but very heavy duty detailed. (glad I'm not the only one!).

I've added you to the participant list and to my personal blog reader - looking forward to your progress!

chrisstitches said...

Wow that is impressive. Glad you shared now.

Katrien said...

gorgeous!

Mouse said...

ohhhh wow .. just found you and myyyyy I am drooling .. what a fab dragon .... just love it :) I've just started "afternoon Tea" sooo I am a wee bit behind you ...lol love mouse xxxxx

Mindi said...

Your dragon is looking pretty ferocious now he has his full head!

Lonneke said...

Wow! He's gorgeous!

lesli said...

Oh my...I love this piece! My son would love it too! I may just have to pick it up.

Mel - Not sure if you received my email..but you won my second drawing prize for my Fabulous Frogger giveaway! :)

Email me with your address so I can send your goodies to you!!

leslidaniels@gmail.com

-lesli

Unknown said...

I admire people who can stitch these designs. They are just too big for me!