As promised I have a very exciting news to announce to everyone!
While the timing of this is as yet unknown (I will update when I know), it has been confirmed to be happening and almost all my requirements for submission have been met (I have to send some extra photos in still).
Cross Stitch Collection Magazine. They are running a series of features on stitchers who blog, where we chat about why we have our blog, what we stitch and other stitchy questions. I'm sooo very excited!!
Now I know many of you are thinking, but Mel you used to work in magazines and that wasn't near as exciting... Well the difference for me is this is a magazine about my absolute fave thing to do in the world. And I feel it's a HUGE compliment to be chosen.
Now here's the thing that I know with absolute certainty. This feature is a huge compliment to all my followers as well, yes that's you!! Because without all of you to encourage me, vote, have dialogues, give opinions, etc. this blog would be nothing. So I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all my followers, new and old, over the last 5 years. This blog started as a way to track my Dragons progress, and to meet other stitchers and it's become so much bigger than I could have ever imagined. All because of my readers! We've been through some crazy life events over the last 5 years; including surgery, health issues, living with my man, buying my first home and so much more! Nevermind all the XS projects including the continuing epic of Dragons, Mirabilia Fairy, Raven, Lizzie Kate Halloween fun, Cottages and sooo many more!
As a big thank you I'd like to hold a giveaway!!! Yep that's right, a big thank you to all of YOU. :)
There are two different packages to enter for, you can enter for both or just one as you prefer.
1) You must be a follower of my blog
2) You must comment on THIS post and indicate if you want to be entered for package 1, 2 or both.
3) To get additional entries you can do one of the following:
- Post about this giveaway on your blog (please comment with a link)
- Tweet about this giveaway (please comment with a link)
- Tweet about my Etsy shop (please comment with a link)
All patterns I've stitched in the past and finishes I've shared on this blog over the years:
- Just Nan: Merry Old Elf
- Lizzie Kate: Spring Basket (Snippet)
- Just Nan: Over the Top (Glow!) - pattern only
- The Trilogy: Domes of Doom (Haunted Heads) with Liberty Street Designs 28ct Caramel Toffee linen
My favourite "easy" stitches are Mill Hill Bead & Button kits on perforated paper. So here's two for you to work through, or try out if you've never worked on perforated paper before.
- Mill Hill Holiday Ornaments III (Frosty)
- Mill Hill Autumn Series VII (Autumn Garden)
Good luck to everyone!!
Other updates: Dragons is continuing on and looking great on this page (though filling in the giant spaces of just white or ivory is kinda boring). Current Mill Hill (herb garden) is actually getting worked on AND I worked on my Mirabilia a bit this week, pics of the Mermaid to come.
Truly thank you to absolutely all of you for making this blog what it is today and for sticking with me for so long!