Tuesday, February 28, 2017

It's March?! But I'm still in January

Well the month may say March tomorrow (or today for some of you) but in my world it's still January as I work on Garnet from the Birthstone Dragon SAL. 
Here she is at about halfway. I'm doing backstitch as I go because I dislike backstitch and don't want to dread doing it all at end of the fun stitching crosses part. ;) 

 
 

In other stitching news... 
I've decided to hold off on ordering the Canada Patriotic SAL from Jeanette Douglas. It's just a bit pricey and seeing new patterns for Nashville Market makes me itch to get more patterns than one set with that money. But I'm holding off on ordering anything as I finally got to order my new HAED materials! 
Which means... Next post I will be revealing my new 'focus' piece that is a HAED!! 
And most excitingly (is that a word?) is that this HAED is supported by the hubby to go up in the house! Yep that's right, I'll actually keep some of my own stitching. Very exciting! 
Looking forward to the mail later this week or early next when my supplies arrive so I can share the excitement! 

11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Oh, pretty, pretty Garnet!

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is going to be amazing, I agree on back stitching as you go, not my favourite bit either.

Justine said...

Your dragon is beautiful. I really like this SAL. Can't wait to see your HAED!

Tiffstitch said...

Great dragon and so exciting about the HaED!!

deb said...

The dragon is looking marvelous - I absolutely love the colors! And very smart of you to do backstitching as you go along. Back in the day when *everything* was backstitched, it always seemed such a chore.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm right with you - some of my stitching is also where I wanted it to be in January, and I definitely can't wrap my head around the fact that it is March already! Garnet looks great, though, and I'm very much looking forward to your big reveal!

Babs said...

Even if it's still January, the stitching is lovely ,-)

Faith... said...

Garnet is so pretty! I love to back stitch as I go, makes life much easier. Can't wait to see your HaED piece.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Garnet is lovely. This was a hard SAL to resist!!

Karen said...

From the first time I saw the Jeanette Douglas Patriotic set I wanted it, but it is a bit out of my price range for now. Look forward to seeing your new HAED!

Heather said...

Love I'm behind too! It's march first and I didn't get even start aquamarine yet. She looks great though I love the border color!