Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Stitching: Monsters Finish

I have a finish that is actually of a real size and importance! :) 
It's been a very long time since I've had a finish that wasn't tiny. 
So without much ado at all this is: Here There Be Monsters! 


 Elizabeth's Designs 'Antique Celtic Sampler'
32ct Legacy Linen
Weeks Dye Works Threads




My favourite part of this project is the linen. I adore the over-dyed fabric and it's yellowed look. I'd definitely use this fabric again! I did change a couple of things including: subbed in a darker pink, removed the date in bottom right-hand corner and just put in a little design and removed the pink stitch trios from the bottom fish bar (they didn't make sense to me). 
But overall this is very close to the exact same pattern that Elizabeth put together. 

Now,  of course a finish means I want to start something new! But I have to do up a couple (smaller) items for my BIL and his wife first. And it's not like I don't have a thousand other projects on the go to work on. LOL! 

In other news we got hammered with snow here in Calgary. Over 30 cm's (6+ inches) in a 24-hour time period. Somehow we had two days of autumn and then snow. *sigh* I wish I lived in a place with real autumn as it's my favourite season! So those of you with leaves falling and colourful trees changing colour appreciate the for me. :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my work! 
Happy Stitching!


9 comments:

Shelly said...

Congrats on this great finish! Always a good feeling to finish a large-ish project. I will admire Autumn here in your name, Mel!

Claudette497 said...

I'm happy dancing with you! It looks perfect!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish, Mel! It looks fabulous on your linen choice. Well done!

I am a bit envious of your snowfall. The calendar says fall, but the thermometer still says summer.

Tamra said...

Lovely finish! I love the colours and the linen too. The amount of snow you have is astounding. We have big frost up here but luckily no snow yet. Fingers crossed!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

What an amazing pattern, I've never seen this one before! I 've always loved those "here be monsters" sayings on antique maps :) I love your finish and the pink you subbed in works perfectly. Congratulations! We haven't had snow here in NL yet, thankfully, but we've had a few nights with frost and it's not far away now. Autumn is my favourite season too :)

beadgirl said...

Very nice! The linen looks great with those threads.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's an awesome finish! I, too, love the fabric. Great job!

We haven't really arrived in autumn yet - the last two weeks have had pretty summer-ly temperatures and most trees are still pretty green. I wonder if we will skip right into winter as well?

Cathy said...

Beautiful finish!

Stitchinowl said...

Getting caught up on blog reading. Your finish is gorgeous!
Carolyn