Monday, June 17, 2019

Book Review: The Moon is a Silver Pond


The Moon Is a Silver Pond
by Sara Cassidy


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am missing the boat on this one. I do not understand at all what the comparison is between the moon, a pond, button and pail of milk... except that they are all circular?
There is no context to this children's book and so it feels odd. It's really just a bunch of random circular items someone wanted to draw, I assume.

The illustrations are very nice; but I need more story than what is here. Or at the very least a way to draw all the items together. Suggestions would be to have the last page show the items inside the moon? Or an opening page that has someone asking the child to find things the shape of the moon? Just something to give some context to this collection of cute illustrations.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.
Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Probably another case of someone not understanding that children might be easily entertained, but still prefer books with content!