Saturday, June 19, 2021

Book Review: The Clockwork Crow

The Clockwork CrowThe Clockwork Crow 
by Catherine Fisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A relatively quick middle grade book about fairies (or the others) who stole/tricked a little boy, a cursed/magical clockwork crow toy, and an orphan girl. Nothing too original here but a solid story written by an author I adore.

Catherine Fisher has a way of writing children’s/teen books that is just engrossing. I never want to put them down! I wish more of her works were released in North America.
This series is actually a republish by Candlewick Books making it more available worldwide hopefully. Or at least here in Canada (where I live) it will be readily available from Candlewick.

The perfect book for boys or girls that maybe haven’t learned to love reading yet; but are competent enough to read at a 8-9 year-old reading level. I think Clockwork Crow easy enough for most kids but interesting enough to really get them liking reading. Especially if they’ve never read a fantasy/mystery like it before.

There are two further books in the series that I already grabbed e-books for and when the full series is out from Candlewick Press I hope to get the set as I can never have enough Fisher on my shelf!

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Anything that can rope kids into reading more is great in my book - pun intended ;)