Thursday, December 22, 2022

Book Review: The Twig Man

The Twig Man
by Sana Rasoul
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


3.5 stars.
While not super scary or creepy to me (an adult), as The Twig Man lacks the atmosphere that gives me shivers, I could definitely see this being quite scary for a 9-11 child. Great story of friendship (had me choking up in the end) and some good morales for younger ones.
Overall not my favourite horror middle grade of the year; but certainly one I would buy and gift to the right child. I am currently thinking a little boy that loves Vecna (yes from Stranger Things) would love the physically described horror of our Twig Man. Most importantly be sure the kid you recommend this one for is pretty tough and maybe doesn’t live next to a deep, dense forest.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

It's nice to see there is more available than just Goosebumps to that age group now!