Monday, August 21, 2023

Book Review: A Sliver of Darkness

A Sliver of Darkness
by C.J. Tudor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What would it take for me to, one day, give an anthology 5 stars? I honestly don’t know. Especially considering this was one of the best sets of horror short stories I’ve read in a long time!

So much great stuff here. C. J. Tudor really shows that she has range, a crazy imagination, and real staying power (even though she only has 3 full novels under her belt). If you don’t already know about Tudor (where have you been!) and a big thriller horror buff then get on the boat before it gets as big as the Nesbo, King, Hill, Rice cruises are; because that is how big I believe Tudor is destined to be. She’s much of the way there; just not quite at the status of being a household name yet.

I am immediately going to be purchasing her novels for my horror buff husband and myself to read. I can’t believe I waited this long to be on the Tudor ship.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.
This is an honest and unbiased review.


Follow me on GoodReads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

It's a good question. I think we are more willing to forgive 50-100 dull pages in a full length novel, than a dull story in an anthology, aren't we?