Thursday, December 28, 2023

Book Review: Who Owns the Clouds

Who Owns the Clouds? 
by Mario Brassard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This graphic novel is poignant and sad. No child should ever have to experience any part of war, directly or indirectly.
Unfortunately for me I found this a bit too esoteric. I knew going in what to expect (I thought) but it still felt a bit too intangible. I realize this is partially on purpose; but if you put this in the hands of a teen they probably wouldn’t get it without analysis or discussion with a teacher/adult. Thus for me this is a big downfall.
Not to say that it isn’t a critical subject, as it is. Or that it isn’t a good attempt to convey a difficult subject, as it is. Most importantly, if it works for some then that’s great. It just didn’t resonate for me in the way I was hoping for.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

I know I had a couple books as a child that I still don't really 'get' today. Not a big fan of the esoteric stuff myself!