Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Cross Stitch Book Review: America the Beautiful

America the Beautiful Cross Stitch:
Stitch 30 of America's Most Iconic National Parks and Monuments
by Becker & Mayer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


First, up-front disclosure: I'm an avid stitcher and have been stitching for 30+ years. I was 11 when I was first taught how to cross stitch. It is my primary hobby after reading.
Second disclosure: I'm Canadian. Which may seem weird to like this book but I've travelled to many areas of the USA (most by RV as a child) and so I love seeing these locations immortalized in stitching.

This is a lovely little book. It's very easy stitching. Definitely perfect for a beginner as there is just cross stitches and nothing else. Plus the instructions are easy to follow, the patterns are full-colour (with symbols of course) and you get the beautiful pages that they are laid out on. A great gift for someone going on a road-trip, returning from one, or for any beginning stitcher who appreciates the beauty of North America.

Note: My copy did not include all the patterns in the retail version of this book; but from what I saw it was all very consistent and lovely.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Looks like a lovely little book for anyone who enjoyed traveling in the US - I just wish there were as many patterns around for other parts of the world, too!