Marion by Leah Rowan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
What a ride!! I could have easily finished this in a weekend; but instead dragged it out a bit just because it was so crazy I didn’t want to know the end right away. This is the feminine Psycho. A girl, meets Norman Bates, and wins. But now there is a dead body (or two or three), money from weird circumstances, a sister, a crazy mom, and a lot of details to handle.
With a lot of uniqueness, new players, added plot from every corner, and a base story we all know so well, Leah Rowan takes us on a crazy, wild, kinda fun, with lots of blood splatter, killer ride. I don’t know how else to describe this except a lot of fun, immensely clever, quite satisfying in the end, and a very readable story.
If you like thrillers or murder mysteries, you’ll likely enjoy Marion.
If you enjoy the story from the offenders eyes, you’ll likely enjoy Marion.
If you want to see how someone goes from totally normal to a bit deranged this might be for you.
It’s definitely for those that want a light thriller for the beach or a weekend read that keeps them flipping the pages quick to find out what happens next.
I’m sure some armchair detectives could rip details apart here; I didn’t even try as I had too much fun reading about Marion and her exploits. The best part, she didn’t do it alone and it’s not unreasonably set-up or implausible. Just a good, crazy thriller that keeps you on your toes. Whether as an audiobook or in print (I swapped back and forth) I think the average reader will find something here to admire in this rewrite of the Bates Motel.
Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.
Follow me on Goodreads!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
What a ride!! I could have easily finished this in a weekend; but instead dragged it out a bit just because it was so crazy I didn’t want to know the end right away. This is the feminine Psycho. A girl, meets Norman Bates, and wins. But now there is a dead body (or two or three), money from weird circumstances, a sister, a crazy mom, and a lot of details to handle.
With a lot of uniqueness, new players, added plot from every corner, and a base story we all know so well, Leah Rowan takes us on a crazy, wild, kinda fun, with lots of blood splatter, killer ride. I don’t know how else to describe this except a lot of fun, immensely clever, quite satisfying in the end, and a very readable story.
If you like thrillers or murder mysteries, you’ll likely enjoy Marion.
If you enjoy the story from the offenders eyes, you’ll likely enjoy Marion.
If you want to see how someone goes from totally normal to a bit deranged this might be for you.
It’s definitely for those that want a light thriller for the beach or a weekend read that keeps them flipping the pages quick to find out what happens next.
I’m sure some armchair detectives could rip details apart here; I didn’t even try as I had too much fun reading about Marion and her exploits. The best part, she didn’t do it alone and it’s not unreasonably set-up or implausible. Just a good, crazy thriller that keeps you on your toes. Whether as an audiobook or in print (I swapped back and forth) I think the average reader will find something here to admire in this rewrite of the Bates Motel.
Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.
Follow me on Goodreads!
No comments:
Post a Comment