Monday, September 29, 2014

Stitch From Stash September & Metamorphosis Pics

Well I didn't make it at zero this month. This Stitch From Stash no spending or minimum spending is really tough! I think I should have called the group Stop from Spending (lol).
However because of the evil place called eBay I ended up with some amazing deals and alas, did spend money (and too much!):
$16.50 - 10 x Fantasy charts (6 of which I love, and a few that will be future giveaways likely)
$5.99 - Lavender Sampler (eBay purchase)
$40.00 - Eve Gingher Scissors (these were a preorder that finally came in)
$12.40 - 4 x Vintage charts (ebay of course)
= $74.89

So where does that put me... it means I need to use my skip month. :( 
I really didn't want to... and wish I'd spent more for it (LOL) but if I don't then I blow the entire years worth of budget that is left... I gotta go another zero month or at least inside $20 so that I can make it to years end... So tough esp. at this time of year with all the new items I want! 

Though... my husband did indicate that one more bonus would be in order this year... I don't pick them or how much they are he does. So maybe ladies we can count on that? I hope anyways. 

In better news. 
I had an amazingly productive stitchy weekend. 
Evalina and I did something we haven't done in a long time, and I'm so glad we did it, which is to have a virtual stitchy weekend where we email each other quick pics and updates. It was fantastic. I got the middle motif of 7 done (4 of 7 complete) on Metamorphosis. 
It now looks like (click to see larger pics): 


I also made some serious headway on Counting Bats. I'm hoping the next pic I show is a finish! Or at least a finish minus beads and charms!! 
And I did put some stitches in Dragons. The head is coming along on my 2nd dragon. I need to focus on it a little more. Once Counting Bats is suddenly dead and gone (I mean finished...lol) I will really push on Dragons and use Metamorphosis for "break" times. 
We're also coming into the busiest time of year for my Etsy store with holiday season so I may get bogged down there. But with only 4 day weeks until Xmas at the office (woohoo extra vacation and flex days that need to be used) I am hoping I can stay ahead of it. *fingers crossed* 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy stitching! 

18 comments:

Brigitte said...

I'm sure you are not the only one waiting for another bonus in the SFS challenge, lol.
What a great idea to have a virtual stitchy weekend with Evalina. And you got so much done on your projects. I have to keep this idea in mind.

Thoeria said...

Ebay is fantastic....but oh so not good too!! I try not to go there....
Great stichy progress - and a very clever idea having a virtual stitch along!

Pull the other thread said...

Great stitching

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching xxx

Jacqueline Morris said...

WOW! Really beautiful stitching :)
Smiles :)

Birdie said...

Beautiful stitching. Soooo...I was thinking that as your Stitching Sister I should help you out and figured if you sent me those NEW Gingher Scissors that would then be technically considered a gift and you could write off $40.00 off your Sept. SFS budget...just like that. lol lol :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Argh I guess one skip month is ok...although I agree, I would have spent more LOL

I have to say not stitching for a few months has done wonders for my budget, not spent a penny for ages, but alas I have not been keeping up with blog world. I'm sure now I am back reading again I will be spending more than I should haha

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

That pattern is gorgeous!! If you would like to improve your "time" with the girls while stitching, my girls and I do the google Hangout on the Saturday of IHSW and this way we can to show and tell and talk while we stitch!

Susan said...

Sounds like you got some great charts. I have only bought one thing from the Ebay and can see how it would be very, very easy to go a bit wild. Love the idea of a virtual stitchy weekend.

Leonore Winterer said...

Love your progress, and those charts off ebay seem like a great deal to me, although - holy needle, $40 for a pair of scissors?

I guess it's okay to use your skip month though, and I'm really looking forward to what that bonus might be :)

Ruth said...

I say kudos for you for not needing a skip month until September! It would have been all over for me in January.

Congrats on your outstanding progress over the weekend. I might have to steal that virtual stitch-together idea. That's brilliant.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Stitching marathons are great!!!

Tricia T said...

Well, at least you still had your skip month, Mel! That means you are doing great!!! : ) Now you'll be good for a month, I just know it! : ) Great progress!

Linda said...

Nice progress Mel.

Linda

Lulu said...

Metamorphosis looks great!

Heather said...

Looking good I can't wait to see the fantasy charts!

Sally said...

I am finding it tough on SFS now that I'm getting down my fabric ( not that you'd think I was getting down it if you saw the pile I have but you know how it is when nothing you have is suitable or you're running out of your favourite! ) but next month is my free month so just need to hold on for a few more weeks lol!

You're making great progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

10 fantasy charts!! You did go mad. I suppose I bought ten Brooke's Books Witches but they were on sale LOL.

A virtual stitch a long with Evalina is a lovely way to spend the weekend. I was telling someone last week that I spend more time with my online friends that real life ones just lately! We just have more in common for one thing.