Friday, November 7, 2014

Dragons - The Head!!!

Well, it feels like my one dragon has been headless for so long he's likely made friends with Ichabod Crane... And then one day he suddenly has a head.

This is the second last page of dragons which included the last dragons head. There is still lots of basic white and some yellow stitching to finish the page. But that stitching goes by sooo fast when there is almost no color changes. Please excuse the scroll bar lines and indents I did not bother to iron it. Here is the second last pages detailed area, the Dragon head:


That is the majority of the detail of this piece. Like I said a bunch of the sky/sun stitches in the rest of this page. Then last page is the remainder of the tree and branches on a yellow sky. 
So I have a goal. My hope is to try and have this done by mid-January 2015 for my Uncle's birthday (whom this epic piece is for). Or alternatively by March 2015. I'd like to enter it in the Needlework Competition in July here in Calgary (and it needs to be framed for that) so May is my "drop-dead" deadline.
My Uncle first requested this piece back before I was even dating my man and while I still lived by myself. It's crazy to think how much has happened to me, this blog and this piece in the last 7 years. I sometimes think that Dragons holds pieces of me over those years. I will be delighted to give it to my Uncle (who is like my older brother and only 9 years older than me) and have him proudly display it in his home. When he first asked for it he had no lady and no family. Today he has a wife, toddler and 2 step kids! How the world changes in a short few years.


Coming Up: I have a new start that is super cute, easy and fun to stitch! It's a gift and has a timeline but it's stitching up fast so I'm not worried. I also have some 'secret stitching' for holidays to get done (but need to order the patterns lol). I'm also wanting to bring out Metamorphosis by Ink Circles as I'm over 50% done it as well. Lots to stitch and never enough time!  :) 

19 comments:

Heather said...

Yay dragons! Looks great I think you could totally get it done by January!

Tricia T said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! Good Luck reaching your goal!!

Thoeria said...

Absolutely SPECTACULAR!!
Nothing else could describe that!

Leonore Winterer said...

Yay for the head! I'm quite sure you'll make it by January if you stick to it, being on that very last home stretch can be so motivating ^_^

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress. It's an absolutely amazing looking piece.

Rachel said...

To have been stitching one project for 7 years is an epic task but he looks magnificent! Good luck for the home stretch and meeting your deadline! :)

Suz said...

Wow, just wow. What a fantastic piece. Congrats on your progress!

Anonymous said...

♥ STUNNING ♥

Caitlin D said...

Amazing. Gorgeous. *Insert all the adjectives I can't think of describing how fantastic this is*

Stitchinowl said...

Great progress. I really admire for continuing to work on this project. When you are finished, there will be so many memories associated with stitching it over the years.
Carolyn

KimM said...

You are amazing!
Hugs
xxx

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Mel. Dragons looks great.

Linda

Kerry said...

Mel, I just saw the piece about you in Cross Stitch Collection and recognised your WIP of the dragons. I came immediately to have a look and your blog and I'll be follwing your progress.

I was the designer for Character Creations until poor health forced me to give up (I have ME/CFS). Just today I was facing reality and throwing away some of my old CC stuff before we move house in January, which was rather sad, so seeing your dragons almost finished and so obviously loved has made my day.

I shall now go and explore more of your lovely stitching.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

BECAUSE DRAGON!!

Susan said...

That looks amazing! Cheering you on to your finish goal.

rosey175 said...

Hooray for a head!! I like to think of my pieces coming to life when I stitch so I'm amused when they get various limbs attached to start living their story ahaha.

Cole said...

An awesome piece for sure, well done! You're well on your way for a finish by the end of the year!

Maxine said...

Great job on Dragons...I can't wait to see it totally finished! Loved seeing you in the mag too :) Keep up the great stitching and your fabulous blog!

The Crafty Princess said...

It's great to see this piece again. I absolutely adore it, and yay to the headless dragon no more! Brilliant progress
xo Alicia