Monday, October 9, 2017

Stitching: Two WIP Updates

I've got two updates for you today. 
First up is my Here There Be Monsters piece. 
Of course the border and I were not friends because I'm bad at counting to high numbers (laugh all you like it's fairly true!). But otherwise I am loving this fabric, the overdyed threads and the general pattern. It's also been a quicker stitch which is nice. 
Not done yet but here are some update photos:



Second one is the yearly SAL of Dragons. I am beyond behind on this one. Exactly as expected. This is the May dragon which is Emerald. It is standing on a gem but Ive been leaving the gems out because I can't decide how I want to deal with them (or: real stones, metallic threads, beads, etc.). 
Here's May dragon done: 




Without a doubt this project will bleed into next year. Where does the time go!! 

I have put some stitches into Alice recently but I need to find a lot more time for her. Luckily it's getting cold (first snowfall already came) and that means more reasons to stay home and stitch! 

Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching!! 

7 comments:

Justine said...

The dragons piece is looking so lovely! I really like stitching borders but still have that moment when I wait to see if it meets up!

Robin in Virginia said...

Both are looking good, Mel. I really like the colors in the first WIP. I look forward to seeing Alice next time.

KimM said...

Wow! Love the dragons. The colors are stunning.
xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Love the updates on both and I feel you on the counting! Nothing seems to help me either.

deb said...

Enjoyed the look at what you've been stitching on - delightful.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! May dragon is really cute. I think I'd do beads for the gems, so they get that extra bling they deserve!

Sally said...

Fantastic stitching Mel. Your dragons look brilliant.