Monday, February 18, 2019

Stitching: ABC WIP

So an accident actually led to tonight’s WIP being picked up. I stupidly spilled some ginger ale down the side of my chair, table and into my basket underneath the table. It was not good. Luckily I have 90% of my work in plastic ziplock bags do very little was damaged. A Mirabilla pattern (mermaid) got the worst of it and even then it’s not so bad. However, I still had to take everything out of the basket and wipe all the bags down, air out the basket overnight and whatnot. This led me to see all the great WIP I have in my basket and then to me picking up this little cutie that was a part of my class with Jeanette Douglass in November.

This is ABC in the ‘orange colourway’ (exclusive to Jeanette’s classes for now). I’m on the last motif with some border to then finish. My herringbone stitch is incorrect. Should have been two strands and I did it one. So I would love to hear if people think it needs some bulk added. Herringbone is below the double x’es and above the flower cross stitch.

I’m preparing to start a couple little motifs from Whimsical Stitching before the giveaway (likely in March). It’s also almost Nashville Needlemarket! Although after looking at just my WIP, never mind my stash in the basement, I may actually hold back on purchasing too many things because gosh I have a million times more than enough. But well you know... lol.
Thanks for dropping by. Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad none of your WIPs were seriously injured! Your ABC piece looks good.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Good news nothing was spoilt. That's a lovely design.

Mary's Thread said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL project! I would love to take this class!

Leonore Winterer said...

It's gorgeous! I wonder what's 'orange' about this colourway, though? It doesn't look very orange this far!
I think the Herringbone looks great as it is.

Tiffstitch said...

Lucky it was ginger ale and not cola! And glad nothing was seriously injured. That is lovely work!

Tammy said...

Oh yeah, I know! That project is just beautiful! Oh those colors.