Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Book Review: Rainbow

Rainbow: A First Book of PrideRainbow: A First Book of Pride by Michael Genhart

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is just so cute! Michael Genhart has brought to us a simple little book that explains each colour of the rainbow used on the Pride Flag. We get a simple one line to read out to children along with cute illustrations of same sex couples of different ethnicity.
I'm not sure if it was intentional or not; but there are couples in the book where it's hard to tell if they are male or female. This feels just perfect for this little primer that is all about people being inclusive. I also liked the descriptions of the colours in the flag. I think this is something that everyone should know and helps reinforces Pride values.
This review is based off the assumption that Rainbow comes as a board book for all pages and is suitable for babies - toddlers.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment: