Friday, August 16, 2024

Book Review: Little Wolf’s Howl

Little Wolf's Howl: A Story of Getting Lost, only to Find One's Voice 
by Nelly Buchet
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is absolutely adorable!! I love how our little wolf cub can’t quite manage to howl at first. Upon getting lost he meets some other animals, all the while looking for North. When he finally sees the North Star (the brightest star in the sky) and heads toward home (using the skills his animal friends taught him) he is then able to howl!!
This is perfect for really any age or child. Toddlers will love learning to howl on the page (or hearing the reader howl).
I do think one of the reasons I love this is my 80lb pitbull dog (who’s just a big baby, named Zero) knows the command ‘speak’ but it often comes out as a sneeze. The kiddos in the park love to ask him to ‘speak’ and that they don’t always get a bark; however when Zero does get out a good bark they get so excited for him. This story reminds me of that kind of excitement when it takes a few tries to do something but eventually you get there.
A wonderful story about being lost, asking for help, and finding your way.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Aw, this sounds really cute! Loved the Zero anecdote in your review too :)