Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rose & Holiday delivery

It's been a long while since I updated on some miscellaneous, no deadline projects. I do work on these from time to time and in fact hope to get both of the ones I'm about to show you done by the end of the year. Though if I have many more weeks like this one where I has having shakin trouble and stitching was getting really challenging then I may have more beads sorted than stitches in. (as I sort my sale beads when I am having a lot of trouble).
First up is Rose Storykeep from HAED. This one is not available for purchase on their site (as a storykeep, you can get it as a large design) as it was part of a loyal customers HAED yuku board promotion. It's got 2 1/2 pages. I'm about halfway through page 2. Into her face where all the confetti is, so it's slow going. Done on 25ct white Jobelean:

The next one is a Mill Hill kit called Holiday Delivery. I do love these kits on perforated paper. For $15 they are affordable as they provide you with everything (including the needs) to do the project up. (no frames included). They are a nice change from over 1 on 28 or 32 ct as some of my more challenging pieces are. I love the glitteryness of the beads and textures that Mill Hill plays with in their kits.

That's all for now. I've got progress on dragons (about 1/2 page done), Ravens (about 1/2 through pattern) and started a baby sampler (Just Nan, Baby Garden). So lots to share next time I get around to taking pictures. :)

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

21 comments:

McKenna C. said...

They look great! I love the Christmas!!!

~McKenna

Anonymous said...

They are both lovely!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meari said...

Your projects look great, Mel.

Elena said...

You have beautiful pieces.

Pumpkin said...

Wow, this is a stunning piece! Don't give up...you're so close to being done :o)

I love those MH kits too. So much fun!

Vicky L said...

Your stitching is beautiful! I love Mill Hill kits too.

Unknown said...

I love the HAED Mel. Don't you just love those Mill Hill ones! I have a lavender Fields one to do and an Autumn Wreath one.

Shanda said...

Beautiful!

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching. Can't wait to see the beads added to Holiday Delivery. I love sparkles ^.^

Hugs,
Veronica.

Nancy said...

Your progress looks great. I have a small Mill Hill angel to do and felt intimidated when I went to try it. That was over a year or two ago so I will soon have to try again. Looking forward to seeing more progress on all of your WIPs.

Blu said...

They both look great!

Ruth said...

Fantastic progress. Frankly I don't know how you keep sane with all that confetti stitching, but it looks great. ... and your Mill Hill gives me Christmas envy....maybe I need to start a MH tonite????

Anne Sans Tete said...

Looking good! I especially like the Christmas one.

- Lisa N. in Cambodia

Katrien said...

both look great

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just stopping by your blog.

Your Wips are lovely!

Shelleen said...

Your SK looks good. I am also a big fan of Mill Hill.

Lyn said...

I love these projects. Everything looks wonderful so far!

EvalinaMaria said...

Rose is beautiful and Holiday Delivery looks very cute. Congrats on a great progress. How is your Cronus doing? He must be a big boy right now. Did he change colours?

mab3500 said...

I love that HAED Story keep! Gorgeous stitching!

Carolyn NC said...

Nice progress on both!