Monday, February 6, 2012

WIPocalypse #2 (Cottages & Ravens)

It's that time again (can't believe it's already full moon #2 of this month) to share some updates that are goals of mine to complete by the end of the world. heehee or at least the end of the year. :)
I've been working on my cottages again and got January done. I did some Krenik in the snowflakes, but I think it's hard to tell... However here's the final product for January, you can see that I've started February next to it:

I realized the other day that I haven't even shared a start of my La-D-Da Raven. This is what it looks like so far. I think I have seriously frogged more stitches out of it than I've put in. At this point I've done the word weary about 3 times! It's the linen and not the pattern. While the colour is very cool I really hate the threads on it. They are sooo uneven and it's sooo soft that it just doesn't want to be stitched on. Even with it on my stretcher bars. However, here's a bit of a sneak peek:

That's where I'm at right now with stitching. I have put more stitches into Dragons as well and worked my Mill Hill Kit a bit more. I'm doing Holiday Delivery right now.
I need to be on a serious stash diet. And I mean serious if I'm going to make it to Europe. I don't share too often what I buy anymore because there's so much of it it's overwhelming to put away never mind photograph (and then you'd all know how much stuff I buy! lol). But I do need to cut back.
However this week I get to pick #2 of my free HAED charts from the "Find Bob" contest I won. I'm having trouble picking. I'd love to get your help! Just enter the poll below. Can't wait to see what you all think is best! (yes I know some of you will not like either, for that I apologize I have many more I want but wanted to narrow it down to one of these two this month). Maybe I will have a vote every month between a few choices. I find it so hard to pick on the HAED site as I love them all! (sorry the poll is so big I can't seem to make it smaller, darn thing anyways!)
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm going to put up the pirate contest by the end of the week. I promise. (really I do. I will not slack on it this week!) So be sure to come on back and enter!
Thanks for all your support and comments! :)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Cottage Mel and La D Da Raven is coming along nicely!
I like both of the HAEDS but voted on Knights The Honor Bound!

Fee said...

Hi Mel,
Those cottages are looking great and I know what you mean about'dodgy' linen as I am on some at the mo! Good luck with it.

Fee

Emily in NC said...

With getting a free HAED every month maybe it will be easier to stick to a diet, except to get the necessary fabric and floss. LOL, don't think that helped much.

Vicky L said...

Your January cottage is very pretty. Raven is looking good too.

Katrien said...

January Cottage is really pretty.
voted :)

Denise SA said...

I like you cottages I have stitched January and have February chart just waiting on the speciality threads. I am stitching on the recommended Permin linen which Ido not like.

LisaG said...

Great stitching Mel, look forward to seeing which HAED wins your poll.

Unknown said...

I like the cottage and it looks like you have a winner with your HEADS poll.
I love to see your progress.

Hugs Yvon.

robindefender said...

Your cottage looks cute! You may be frustrated by the linen on the raven project, but I have to say, the colors of what you've stitched so far looks gorgeous!

Ziggyeor said...

great progress.

I voted on The Commodore.

Meari said...

So sorry to hear about the frogs. :( Pesky little things!

Your Jan cottage looks good. I bet the sparkly Krenik looks good in person. It's always hard to get it to show up in pics.

Elena said...

Your cottage is cute!!

Happy Stitching

Jen said...

Great stitching Mel. Voted for the Knights.

Miamina said...

Lovely stitching and great progress made, shame about the frogging :(

Looking forward to seeing the future updates.

Blu said...

The January cottage looks great!

Tough choice on the HAEDs, but I litle Knights just a tiny bit more.

Pumpkin said...

Congrats on finishing January! Looking good :o)

Sorry the frogs have come to visit. I guess the third time wasn't the charm then...

I put my vote in :o)

Shelleen said...

Congrats on the cottage finish.

Unknown said...

Lovely work! I had to vote for The Comodore as that one that I want myself! She's different and very beautiful!

Jo said...

January Cottage looks great, I bet it will look amazing when they're all done together.

Lija Broka said...

well done! Dragon just below looks amazing.

Brigitte said...

These cottage pieces are all so lovely. A great project for the year. I also loved seeing your dragon project in your last post. It's gorgeous!

Jennifer Blake said...

Both of your WIPs are looking great. I voted for Knights the Honor Bound.

Carol's Stitching said...

I love your cottages! I have some fabric too that is too soft for stitching and it drives me crazy. Good Luck on the Raven.