Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm still alive (& a new start)

Hey everyone, I know where have I been for the last 8 days... well it's been a bit rough. But hopefully we're coming out of that and into something better. What's going on: well... let's just say it went sour at my former job. So badly that I had to walk away, and am still feeling sick over it all.
But Mon, July 9 I start my new career, job and hopefully chapter to my life. So I'm working on moving past all the ugliness of the last 10 days.

Now... onto some exciting stuff. I've been getting sales! :)
It's so very exciting. My Etsy store is getting hits and I've generated sales. I can't tell you how exciting it is each and every time someone loves my item(s) enough to purchase one. I just love it.



We were at a wedding last weekend that required a 3 hour drive. Perfect time to Kumihimo like mad and make bracelets. This was my favourite of all the ones I made. I just adore it. It is available for sale on my Etsy store but I have to say I need to make one for myself. Part of my plan for the next week is to make some items for me to wear (as I wouldn't want to wear something and then sell it after, ick!). To the right is this gem of a bracelet.


I haven't gotten a lot of stitching done. A mill hill magnet kit is almost complete however. It's cute little summer flip-flops. I'll have pictures soon. I'm hoping to relax enough that I can concentrate on working on dragons. And that my hands will stop shaking (from all the stress, they get bad when I'm in anxiety/stress mode) enough for me to feel confident enough to put stitches into linen. I miss my linen stitching. But am sooo thankful for my Mill Hill kits when that happens as I can't miss the holes as easily on perforated paper.

The new start I think I will be doing is this Mirabilia mermaid (South Seas #92):
I've had her in stash for awhile now, and while I don't have a home for her in particular with my store I can now justify working on a new piece that doesn't have a destination as I can always put it up on my store. (see how this is all a cover to just have more pieces started, LOL!) :D  I'm waiting for some of the threads I need but have got my fabric (it's a gorgeous hand-dyed) all picked out. I can't wait to share it with you guys, but I'll get a few stitches in it first so you are admire something other than a dyed fabric.

Alright, there's an update. I know it's not very exciting. I'm hoping that things will get more exciting on the stitchy side of things very soon!

Thanks for reading and commenting. I do appreciate every one of you that take the time to visit here and join me in my crafting journey. 

PS: did you watch Craft Wars on TLC this week? I wasn't sure of what I thought... I'm gonna try another episode and see what I think then.




10 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sorry things went so badly with your old job, and so quickly. I hope your new job is wonderful!

I can't wait to see progress on the mermaid. :D

Denise said...

Bad job to a new job in less than 2 weeks - fabulous!

I did see Craft Wars - I had hoped for something different. Like you - one more episode and then I'll decide.

Shelley said...

Good luck with the new job!
I can't wait to see your flip flops!!
Off to check out your etsy store...

Claudette497 said...

Sorry things didn't end well. My brother stopped giving notice after some bad experiences, he just packs up and leaves! I'm so glad you had the ability to walk away to something better, and also happy that you're sales are going well. Good luck!

Kate said...

Sorry your old job ended badly. Good luck with your new venture.
That's a gorgeous bracelet.
Enjoy your stitching.

Denise SA said...

Sorry you have been stressed out at work but hope that you new job will make you happier

mab3500 said...

beautiful bracelet! I am sorry to hear about your job. A similar thing happened to a dear friend of mine recently. I hope you feel up to stitching again soon. Good luck with your new job!

Anonymous said...

Wish you all the best in your new job. Not sure if I like craft wars, did see 2 episodes but cannot make up my mind yet.

Marl

Anne Sans Tete said...

TAG! You're it!
http://mad-stitches.blogspot.com/2012/07/tag.html

Brigitte said...

A great choice to stitch a new Mirabilia. Looking forward to seeing your start. And how was your first week at your new job?