Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Mill Hill Kits

First, let me just say WOW! You have all blown me away at how supportive you are of me expanding this blog to have a new area about books. So thank you so much to all of you for your support and being so amazing!!! I'll be launching the new book tab in the next week or so.


New Mill Hill Kits! 
As many of you know I am absolutely obsessed with Mill Hill kits that have perforated paper. So I was beyond excited to see the new Spring line of MH! My absolute favourite is the cute little lizard (seen on the right). He's just adorable. I know they will likely never have a snake one that I can make to honour my own pets (we currently have four snakes) but a lizard is darn close. :)


Even though I am terrified of the ocean and water I can appreciate the colours and design of the Lighthouse pattern (to the left) another of the new Mill Hill kits for spring.

In other stitching news I'm super excited to share with you all, closer to the end of the month, that I will be starting a new HAED. I'm just getting supplies and things sorted out for it. I have realized that I haven't been working any of my current HAEDs even though they are all kitted up and ready to go on scroll rods. Over holidays I saw a new pattern that my husband loves more than any other and so I'm hoping my desire to actual pick up this HAED will be stronger than the others have been.

My mermaid is still coming along as well and I'll have some new pics for you all soon.

For those interested my husband is doing okay. No new news but hey no news is often good news right? It's snowy and super cold here so I'm still working hard at keeping up with all the chores and outdoor stuff (like shoveling). I'm getting faster at it so I'm going to take that as improvement in my ability to move snow. LOL!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Yay new HAED! Now you have me curious what it is! Cute new kits as well I love the lizards tongue lol. I'm glad hubby is doing okay :)

Beth in IL said...

Love the lizard! Wish I wasn't on a stash diet as I would run out and buy it!

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to hear your husband is doing okay! Look forward to seeing your new HAED start toward the end of the month. Stay warm!

Justine said...

Glad to hear your husband is well. I love both of those new Mill Hill kits. The colours in the lighthouse one are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your new HAED!

Tiffstitch said...

Cute kits and glad all is going well with DH. I'll be interested to see what your new HAED is when you start. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

I think yours was the first blog I saw those MH kits on, but you got me totally infected by now. The new ones are so cute!

Lyn said...

Mel, I am glad to hear your husband is doing well. I did my first stitching with beads, really, Christmas 2016. I had an ornament that required beads. It was a great deal of fun. I'm thinking of getting a mill hill kit, just to see what they are like. I haven't stitched on my HAED in quite awhile, but I have stitched on other things. I love your blog, Mel!

Faith... said...

So glad to hear your husband is doing good, but sorry to hear about your shoveling skills. Those are some skills NOBODY wants to have, much less improve on. LOL

Looking forward to seeing what your new piece will be. Your lizard is to cute! One day we opened the front door and there was a baby just hanging out there on the screen. We see them often here in Arizona and as long as they are small they are ok with me!

Stitchinowl said...

Hi Mel and Happy New Year! I am getting caught up on blog reading so I just saw that your hubby broke his ankle. I broke my ankle 6 years ago and hated using those darn crutches! Glad to hear he is doing better. Your lizard is so cute. :) Looking forward to the book section of your blog!
Carolyn