Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Beading & Another Question

For those that popped in before holiday time you'll know that I was trying to decide if I was going to bead up as I went on my scroll rods my Mirabilia Mermaid. In the end I decided to bead a small section and scroll it up with some fabric. I also beaded anything that was a size 15 bead (because they are so itty bitty). What this really means is that I moved back into stitching with thread and krenik fairly quickly and am going to do the remaining 95% of beading at the end. ;)

Here is the beading being folded underneath my scrolls (look in the far right area):

A question, your opinions wanted! I'm considering having a new tab added to this blog that will be where I post book reviews of books I've just read. Most my of my favourite people to follow on GoodReads are fellow stitchers who blog!
If you're wondering why it's so that I can post reviews of books, have book giveaways and do things that I can't do on GoodReads but are not appropriate for this main stitching blog.
You would still come to this blog first if you come to EpicStitching.blogspot.ca. However it might be that my book review posts will show in your news feed because you subscribe to the stitching part of this blog. So honest answers please! Would you be okay if a book tab was added to this blog?


Thanks to everyone for good wishes for my husband. We made it through the holidays. He is on crutches still until Jan 18 but we're hoping for good news to start weight bearing that day. We're both ready to get 2016 behind us and start 2017 off a lot better! 

9 comments:

deb said...

I think a book tab would be fun! Like you, I'm interested in what other stitchers are reading.

Am enjoying watching your mermaid begin to sparkle. :)

Shelly said...

I would read your book reviews. Besides stitching, I read also. Glad you found a system to bead and scroll that works for you. Looking forward to more progress on the mermaid.

Syd said...

I would love to see your book reviews. Great progress on your mermaid.

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad the bead and scroll is working for you! It wouldn't bother me any that you add a book tab. I like hearing what others are reading and have gotten some good book recommendations that way.

D1-D2 said...

I love finding out about new books so I don't mind getting them in my newsfeed :)

Tiffstitch said...

Glad the beading seemed to work well, and I don't mind a books tab either. Also, glad you both made it through the holidays and hope January 18th gets here quickly for DH. :)

Faith... said...

Good luck with the beading on your Mirabilia! Glad the scroll rod is working out woth the beading. I would love to read your book reviews. I am always looking for new books to listen to while I drive. Hope your DH gets off the crutches as planned. Happy New Year!

Heather said...

I'd be fine with it I'm a big reader too! Good luck to hubby your stitching is beautiful!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love books, so I wouldn't mind at all if you added the books tab :)