Sunday, May 10, 2020

Book Review: The Grizzly Itch

The Grizzly Itch by Victoria Cassanell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely adorable! This is a very short story, making it great as that "one more please" bedtime read ask for little ones. It's a very simple premise but displays friendship and helping others superbly.
A bear has an itch and has a favourite tree; but when he goes to use the tree it's suddenly on the ground! Because the beaver has chewed it down for his dam. And so they go on a little adventure to try and find bear a new tree; after no success our beaver realizes he can itch for the bear! It's really quite cute and the illustrations are also wonderful.
I like the simplicity of this story, narrative and words chosen, and the illustrations. I could see a two-year-old really getting into this one. And it has one of my favourite types of pages in it! A page with one word that is said loud and that kids will learn quick to join in on. In this case it's "crash".
A suitable read for any child under about 5 years old. It might be too simple for those older. It's a safe choice for any situation as a gift.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Aw, that one sounds cute. I kind of read it as 'The itchy grizzly' in my head, which makes sense as well!