Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Stitching Book: Feminist Stitches

Feminist Stitches: Cross Stitch Kit with 12 Fierce Designs
by Haley Pierson-Cox


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you're looking to take up cross-stitch or just want a fun one-off project of stitching; The Feminist Stitches is a perfect option for the beginner stitcher. Filled with 12 snarky, bold, and powerful feminist patterns/statements you are likely to find at least 2-3 easy patterns you love here.


All patterns are in full colour and colour keys are in DMC thread (the most common). The average North American Walmart will have all the items you need to stitch up anyone of these beauties (note: DMC is not required, any embroidery thread will do and you can just match the colours up as close as possible).
If you're an intermediate to experienced stitcher (like myself) then these are super quick 1-2 night pieces could make great gifts for any lady friends who appreciates a good shot or two; or needs a pick me up. As I write this I'm on stay home orders to COVID-19. These patterns are a the perfect simple stitch needed for a time when it's harder to concentrate on more complex projects and easily done up using existing stash.
There are quite a few of these hardcover 'modern' books these days. This one is on par with all the rest in terms of how-to instructions for the first time stitcher and pattern size (quite large) for those who hate tiny symbols. You can't go wrong with choosing it; but take a look around as there may be others where you like the designers style more. It will come down to personal preference, in my opinion, when it comes to which of these types of books has the better patterns in it.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.
Follow me on Goodreads

Alice stitching happening this week as part of a mini May-mania challenge. Update to come next Monday! 

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

This sounds fun! I'll have to see if I can find pictures of the included projects somewhere, I can be a bit picky with what I like to stitch.

Robin in Virginia said...

This sounds interesting! Off to check it out!