Thursday, May 10, 2012

WIPocalypse #5 (cottages & a winner)

Almost half the year! Oh my. Where does the time go? I think tracking things by the full moon makes me really realize how insanely fast things really do go by. It's that time of the month again, where I share my cottage update for WIPocalypse. I haven't had much of a chance to stitch on cottages with the wedding piece and the baby sampler taking up my stitching time. However here it is to date:
I just got June in the mail the other day and realized I've fallen behind on this SAL for the cottages, but alas what can you do. And it's a no pressure SAL so I decided I wasn't going to stress about it.

In other news. I made a facebook page for my new store on etsy. It's located here if you care at all to see it or like it. I figured if I'm going to try and actually make this store work then I better get out there and really try to market it. So this was one of many steps on the list.

All your comments were really cute and great from earlier this week. Thank you so much for all of them. The winner of the draw is Veronica!!
Congrats! If you could send me your snail mail address and I'll send you some patterns from my stash that need some love.


Coming up: I have to put the wedding piece together this weekend (I'm so afraid, here's hoping it goes okay!), progress on the baby sampler for next week AND the poll for this month's HAED. I'm gonna try and do it before the month is almost over. As always, thanks for dropping by.

12 comments:

Meari said...

April's colors look great, Mel. Good luck with the wedding piece. I'm sure it'll go fine.

Unknown said...

beautiful stitching love the colors in it, keep on trucking with the cottage looking great

Chris said...

Love the colours of this it is very pretty...I looked back and wow what lovely stitching.

Chris xx

Linda said...

Love the cottages. The colors are so pretty.

Linda

Shaunterria said...

Your stitching looks beautiful... wonderful work so far!

Veronica said...

April Cottage looks great. I agree... SALs are supposed to be fun so why stress about it :)

Just emailed you. Hard to believe I won. Thank you so much for picking me.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Anonymous said...

April is looking great, love the colours.
Have a good weekend!

Katrien said...

April's looking good. Keeping fingers crossed for your wedding piece.

mdgtjulie said...

I really love those colors in your April cottage, Mel. And you're right to not stress about it. If you fall behind, oh well. You've got other things that are more important.

Denise SA said...

The cottages are fun to do but please do not stress about when they get stitched

McKenna C. said...

Oh I love the April Cottage! The purples are really cute!

Congrats on your new etsy store! I'm gonna go check it out next. :)

Congratulations also to Veronica!

~McKenna

Nancy M said...

I finished stitching April, but didn't get it "finished" for the calendar and haven't done May or June yet. I was not liking them since I was feeling pressure. So now no pressure and I'm smoking on my Mystic! Good luck with the store!