Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Stitching: Alice Page Finish!

Here we are, a few months after I announced this project and I have the first page finish for Alice. It's about a 3/4 page in the bottom left corner. These bottom pages are not quite as large as all the others will be. 
The stitching was wonderful to do until I got to the gear and then it got a bit tedious due to the confetti stitching. But I'm very pleased with the result and I think it's a solid start to this epic piece. 
I'm also very happy to be on 28ct 1 over 1 instead of 25. While it is smaller and presents new challenges; at the same time I don't see any of the occasional spaces or fabric that peeked through on 25ct 1 over 1. 
Here is the first page (because I stitch like I'm left handed) from the bottom left corner: 




And a quick reminder of what she will hopefully look like eventually...


And so I will keep on going as obviously there is still a lot to do!!! 
Happy stitching! 

7 comments:

deb said...

Congratulations on finishing your first page of Alice! Mind boggling....

Leonore Winterer said...

The first page looks great! I'm sure you'll get used to the confetti stitching in time.

Meri said...

Congrats :) I stitch my HEAD on Linda 27", I didn't like the effect on 25". On 28" I must say that I affraid - I haven't stitch anything on this yet and I didn't want to experiment with Spangler's HEAD. And still - "27" is so small that I really need good light and I can't be tired - I guess that's why I making it so slowly (and beacuse of 6 UFO and 3 WIPs :D ).

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations Mel on completing Alice's first page! Good going!

Sok Sareth said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

บอลพรุ่งนี้

Sok Sareth said...

n't want to experiment with Spangler's HEAD. And still - "27" is so small that I really need good light and I can't be tired - I guess that's why

Justine said...

Wow Mel that is a solid start! It looks fantastic. I tried one over one on 25 count and wasn't happy with it, perhaps I should try 28?