Thursday, May 18, 2017

Stitching: UFO FINISH!!!

Okay I can't lie, I'm super excited about this finish. 
Now this is a bit unusual for me as I don't stitch to have finishes. I stitch because I love it. Finishes are a side bonus. If someone told me I'd work on the same piece forever and never finish I'd still want to stitch. Strange but true. 
That said I read to finish books so I get the obsession with finishing. 

Here I was the other week going through my stitching basket that should only have "active" projects in it (limited space near my chair) and I find this little beauty over 3/4 finished. I could barely remember why I didn't finish it... until I started back in on it. While absolutely beautiful it is a big PITA. 
Metallic threads, variegated silk, fragile easily stretched linen and a pattern full of random errors (mandalas should be identical all on ALL sides; yes I fixed mine up as I couldn't handle the inconsistencies). 
But I pushed to get it done (only took another 10 or so hours which isn't bad). 
Here's the finished product! 
 
 
 
Medieval Hearts
By Kelsyn's Designs 
On 28ct hand-dyed linen 
Rainbow gallery metallic and Waterlilies silk

So there you have it an actual finish of something that was stashed so poorly I forgot about it and just didn't get back to it. :) 

Got another little Mill Hill finish on it's way and an update for Alice soon! 
Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Mel! This is a gorgeous stitch but I can see why you put it aside for awhile. But look at it now and how pretty it is. I know you are glad you finished it. I'm a new follower and look forward to looking at past posts. My friend Mary and I have started a new blog recently and we would love it if you would stop by for a visit at stitchingfriendsforever2. Thanks RJ

cucki said...

Love your stitching so much ...big Beary hugs xx

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations Mel on getting this finished! It is lovely, but I agree with you on stitching with metallic. Looking forward to seeing you Mill Hill finish and your Alice update. Enjoy your weekend!

deb said...

Lovely finish! Extra applause for working with the metallic threads. :)

Susan said...

That is gorgeous. Love the colors.

Tiffstitch said...

Love this finish! Great job on the completion and completely understand why it went in the UFO basket to begin with. I have to keep my stitching area clear of WIPs too or they build up easily.

Mary said...

Hi Mel, This is such a pretty stitch, it would have driven me crazy if the design was not the same on both side of the pattern...Love the metallic thread, I have never stitched with metallic thread but it sure is worth the extra effort. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

Justine said...

Very pretty! I bet it feels good to have it finished.

Faith... said...

Very pretty Mel! Those metallic would have made me set it aside, but your finish is gorgeous.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's a beautiful finish! I understand your feelings about finishing a little, for some pieces (usually when it's a gift and I'm working to a deadline) I can't wait to get them finished, but some designs are so much fun that I wish I could stitch on them forever and ever.