Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chatelaine pattern & Frame on Beatings

This months edition of The Gift of Stitching online magazine has a wonderful piece by Martina Weber of Chatelaine. I was very excited to see that I liked it and can afford to do it as it is mostly DMC and not all silks (most of her patterns are all silks).
So I have picked up my antique white, ordered my beads and silks and am going to do this Chatelaine. It will give me a chance to see how I like her stuff and to say that I've done one.
Here is a picture of what it will look like...



I will not be starting it right away... for now it goes into the stash pile. But maybe soon...


I also got the frame for Beatings and am very pleased with it. This piece is in our "pirate themed" bathroom. And I think it's just too cute. Here is a pic of the final work (sorry the glare is so bad):


I am working on another Sue Hillis the "Love Pirate" (you can see a pic in my sidebar) I will post a new photo of its progress soon.

Coming up: So I will have a new progress pic of ducky as the blue water grows around him. And I will be having a giveaway probably monday or tuesday or next week. Stay tuned for more details. :)

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on Judgement. I am aiming to have page 4 done before Christmas or maybe even before Halloween, but that is probably wishful thinking on Oct 31. But I guess only time will tell.

10 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

The frame for "Beatings" is perfect! Looks fantastic!

Carolyn NC said...

Warning - you're going to be hooked on Chatelaine once you've finished one. They're so gorgeous! I love your Beatings and the frame is perfect!

Katrien said...

The frame fits 'Beatings' perfectly. That Chatelaine looks gorgeous.

Tammy said...

Beatings turned out awesome. Perfect frame!

Nancy M said...

Your frame is perfect for your pirate project. You can convert all of Martina's silks for cottons. I have done one of hers and am kitting up the Fairies and Dragonfly pattern this weekend. I'm going to look at the silks and then go to the Carries wall and pick the $1 replacements!!

Alberta said...

Mel, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love what you are working on and that new addition to your stash...well...it may not stay in the stash for long...it's stunning! Looking forward to seeing more of your talent.

TammyK said...

Awesome frame for Beatings! It's gorgeous!

Deigh said...

Beatings looks awesome and the frame is perfect!

Stitchnpat said...

Perfect frame for stitching.Too cute. The
Chatelaine if neat too. Hugs, Pat in New Mexico
Pictures at: http://community.webshots.com/user/stitchnpat
Old Woman in the Shoe 7/21...4 pages are not full pages. Started end of December.Shes in a bag resting while I do some smaller ones. LOL
http://stitchnpatscorner.blogspot.com

Cindy F. said...

Your pirate frame is abolutely PERFECT!! LOVE IT!!! Congrats:)