Monday, December 7, 2009

Count em... THREE finishes!!

Well my weekend did not go as planned. We got completely snowed in, as we kinda expected. I tried to get to my 12-hour stitch and couldn't even get my car five feet out of the parking lot... it look my B/F and two other guys 30 minutes just to push me the five feet back into my spot! It was crazy. If you want to see some pics of what it was like check out this photo gallery from our local paper.

So I did try to do the 12-hour from home. Not completely successful but did alright. Probably stitched about 7 hours over the day. And Evalina was awesome and did hers from her home in the Yukon so we went back and forth on emails all day which really helped.

But... onward to the finishes! The first finish of the day was the most important, the final Christmas ornament. I am borrowing my best friends sewing machine to get these all finished up this week. But here is the ornament stitched up without buttons:



Then I moved onto... Ducky!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to be rid of this beast. I am very happy with how it looks but cannot wait to put it in the hands of my friend to tell them to do with it as they please. Ritual burning might even be okay. (okay well maybe not but it really was a trial). I'm not sure why I hated it so much, it was quite easy... maybe just too much blue/yellow and just sections of it with no detail. (even though I don't mind working on Dragons...)
Alright here it is:


And a perspective shot:



And then finally on Sunday I decided that while I watched my Dallas Cowboys loose (sadly) that I would finish up my latest pirate. So here is Love Pirate:



I do wish I could have gotten to my LNS as I needed a few fabrics and the like. I don't see me getting there anytime soon now with the snow. but I'll just have to watch for the right day. (and I lost the 12-hour stitch amount for food and stuff which kinda sucks).

Alright, now I will be working on Dragons, want to get back to Castles and am anxiously awaiting the information for my HAED SAL that should be starting soon.

Thanks for visiting and for all your comments!

24 comments:

Meari said...

Holy Moly, Mel! That's a LOTTA snow!! Congrats on your finishes. They look great.

Ineke said...

Congrats on this great finishes! Very brave to do the 12 hours stitching at home.

LisaG said...

Congrats on your finishes. You may not have made your LNS but you certainly made good use of your time.

Emily in NC said...

Nice finishes, now that Ducky is done you can start another big project.

Jo said...

Love the pirate sampler, will have to look for one for my sons. NEED your ducky, daughter is MAD on them ;-) fantastic stitching can't wait to see what you're doing next.

Shelley said...

Wow! You guys sure got a ton of snow. Sorry you weren't able to get to the stitch a thon. It's cool that you and Evalina had your own email version though. Ducky looks fantastic. Love the stocking ornie and your pirate piece is too cute.

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of snow and hope it does not come to Ontario as I do not like shoveling it. Like your finishes.

Marl

htimcj said...

I love your finishes! I think ducky is quite cute and so is the stocking! I am sorry about being snowed in and missing your 12 hour stitch in. At least you got some stitching in at home!
Heidi-ILCS

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the stocking it is so cute. the finished are nice.

Carolyn NC said...

Fantastic finishes! They are all awesome - congrats on finishing up Ducky!

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on the finishes and thank you for being my stitching buddy this Saturday. Hopefuly the weather in Calgary will change for better. We had freezing rain today and it was quite challenging to get to work. To my amusement the front window was frosting up quicker than my wipers could turn. And today I really appreciated my ice tires, there was black ice on the road but my car wasn't sliding at all.
Are you still excited about our Dawson City Adventure? I hope more of us can join together, it would be so much fun!

Rene la Frog said...

Sorry you missed the 12 hour stitch day but better to stay in and be safe.

Congrats on the finishes. They look fantastic.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Your stitching is wonderful.
Congratulations on the finishes.

Katrien said...

Congrats on your finishes, everything looks fantastic.

Carol said...

I have not seen that amount off snow since I lived in Michigan :) Congratulations on the project finishes.

Unknown said...

Your finishes are lovely and congrats on finishing Ducky!

Sandy In Montana said...

Fantastic finishes, Mel. Sorry you got snowed in, but you seem to have made the best of it.

Happy Stitching... Sandy In Montana

Jen said...

Well done on your finishes. I hate snow. Here in the UK 3 inches is enough to bring the whole country to a stand still! You did the best thing by staying in and stitching from home!

Kathy said...

Well at least you had your stitching to keep you going with all that snow. :) And some great finishes too. I love that ornament. Who is the designer?

Nancy M said...

YAY!!!! Duckie is done! I know it was a letdown not to go to the 12 hr stitch in, but I bet you got more done at home without interruption from chatting! And the snow??? Holy cow that's way too much for this early! We are getting snow tonight and it might be a challenge for me to get to work tomorrow.

Sharon said...

They all look great! Congrats.

Chiloe said...

Congrats on those three finishes !!! I love them: the duck is very nice but I can understand it was a bother to stitch ;-) Of course, I love the stocking !!!

CindyMae said...

They are all just wonderful!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, you've had some snow lately! It's a pity that you couldn't attend the get together. But your online stitch-in was a good replacement for it.
Congratulations on your three finishes!