Friday, December 4, 2009

Potentially Sad/Afraid...

Well... it's the day before my 12 hour stitch. And as a lot of you know in order to get to my LNS I have to leave the city of Calgary and go to Cochrane. Now... it's only 20 minutes from my house, a bit on the highway and stuff. But there is a HUGE hill to get down into the town of Cochrane.
AND... they are calling for a huge blizzard tonight! :(
I am really hoping that I can still get to my 12 hour stitch. I know the store will put it on no matter the weather. I have been soooo looking forward to this day. But now I am nervous. Even though I live in a snowy place I hate driving in the snow.
So here's hoping *fingers crossed* that I am able to get there tomorrow. (b/f has offered to drive me if I want, but then he has to do the hill four times, there and back twice which is silly and really awkward for his day plans).
Let's hope the snow gods decide to like me and give me the confidence to drive tomorrow morning.

(on a good note: We got our Wii last night and played Super Mario Bros Wii, so fun! Hard but fun).

9 comments:

Shelley said...

I hope the weather works in your favor. If you can't get up the hill you can still do a 12 hour stith a thon in your home. Just listen to christmas music or the tv while you stitch the day away.

Sherry said...

oh Mel, I am not looking forward to snow and they are calling for it this weekend WHILE I MOVE! lol just a little bitter there, I just wish they snow gods would hold off for another week then i don't care because I will be completley in my new house and this one cleaned up. Hope you have a safe trip my friend! xx

EvalinaMaria said...

Mel, better be safe than sorry. I just checked your weather and it doesn't look good for tomorrow... blowing snow, winds 50 km/h to 70 km/h.

Marjorie said...

Hope everything works out for you Mel. Be careful driving if you are still ableto go!

mollycaff said...

I hope the snow holds off long enough for you to enjoy your stitch in.

Terry said...

Hope the snow holds off until you are safe back home. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!

Sea said...

As Shelly said...if you can't get there, why not just do it at home with Xmas music. I realsie that the company is very much a part of it, hope the weather is kind to you.

Carolyn NC said...

Hope you were able to make it, but if not, at least to stitch at home!

Siobhan said...

I hope you were able to make it!! As Carolyn said, if you didn't, take advantage of the time you'd have normally been gone & stitch at home!