Friday, May 8, 2009

Dewdrop Finish, a new start & WIP

I have a finish!
It's the Just Nan Dewdrop (that I was supposed to finish almost a month ago! But at least I'm close).
Here it is:


And here is a perspective shot as my B/F couldn't get over how huge the bead is in relation to everything else:


And with every good finish, there is a new start for me.
I have started this freebie from Krenik called Checkers the Pumpkin. It's almost all Krenik threads, so it's a slow go. But will be very sparkly when it is done.
It's being stitched on 30ct Sunflower Linen.


Here is what it will look like.


And finally a progress pic of the rubber ducky.
This one may take me a bit longer than I thought. But we will just have to see.



Coming up: I also worked a bit the other night on Part 2 of my Papillion SAL. But am not going to (likely) post a picture until I have the second part done.
I also need to get back into Judgement and start page 3, that epicness just doesn't stitch itself! :) And will also get more stitches in the Ducky.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to visit and for your comments!

21 comments:

Sadie said...

Lovely stitching Mel, congratulations on the finish. That bead is huge!

Emily in NC said...

Dewdrop is pretty, man that is one honking bead. Your new start looks cute as well.

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - stitching looks great! Great finish.

Nancy M said...

Cute bunny! I really like the sparkly things even though it's a pain to use! Good luck with your WIP!

Gabi said...

What a cute little bunny. Congrats on the finish.

Diane (di) said...

Mel, it's sooo good to know I'm not alone in stitching all things *epic*. :) Dewdrop is such a cutie (and I can't wait to see your Judgement WIPs).

Katrien said...

Dewdrop is very cute. Congrats
Katrien - ILCS

Louanne said...

Dewdrop is lovely! Congrats on the finish. Krenik - Checkers is so cute! I did one from them "Happy Jack", so nice. The stitching takes longer and you have to be more careful, but it's worth it in the end. Great work!

Tammy said...

Everything is looking great! Checkers is going to be wonderful!

Jennifer Blake said...

Dewdrop is lovely. Your WIPs are looking great.

tkdquintmom said...

I love your Dewdrop! I have this in my 'ready to go' pile. I did't realize how big that bead was either! wow! I'll have to take another look. Bunny with really big bling! LOL

5 Foot Runt said...

Dewdrop looks wonderful. Your WIPS looks great. Keep up the good progress .

Rene la Frog said...

Better late than never on Dewdrop. Congrats on the finish...very cute.

Looking forward to the progress on your new projects and WIP's

Cyn said...

Hi Mel,

Congratulations on finishing "Dewdrop"!

I'm looking forward to watching your progress on "Checkers the Pumpkin". Love those Kreinik braids!

Looking forward to seeing more progress and for the duck to start looking like a duck. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Ranae said...

Dewdrop is so adorable.
The Krenik pumpkin is going to be beautiful.

TammyK said...

Dewdrop is a cutie :o) Can't wait to see your finished Kreinik pumpkin. I really like Halloween things. Thanks for your help with the different materials question I had a couple of days ago. You really helped me.

Unknown said...

A really lovely finish, well done!

Carla said...

Cute bunny!!

Jen said...

Dewdrop looks great. Look forward to seeing your progress on the pumpkin. I have all the stuff ready to start Midninght Ride also a freebie from the Kreinik website.

Meari said...

Dewdrop is really cute, Mel. Congrats on your finish!

Zeb said...

Kyaaa I've been resisting getting Dewdrop, but after seeing your finish, I MUST have it!