I honestly thought to myself today, when is the last time I stitched... and I didn't know! First time in the last 10-15 years that I've not been able to say yesterday or a couple days ago!
No it's nothing bad... it's just been really, really busy with my new position (okay 4 months old) at the office; and my Etsy shop has been just a hopping. But spring time does tend to be my best selling point of the year and of course it's awesome that the shop is doing so well lately!
So I'd upload some pics but I honestly don't have anything new to share. Sad but true.
Instead I will share with you my latest 'ZOMG I love it!' item that has been released:
Previously this beauty was only available through a small shop in Ontario (5 days drive away, a bit too far). Thankfully it has been released to all LNS' and online distributors of Ink Circles!
Whew! Cause I was desperate to get it and concerned I'd never get a copy.
I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm sure it's amazing.
Some of the iconic Canadian imagery includes:
- Pine trees in corners (we have many as we are cold up here and they live through winter)
- Beaver, our national animal. (hey no laughing! lol!)
- Inukshuk. That's the robot looking thing below the beavers. You may recognize it from the Vancouver Winter Olympics in 2010. It's a symbol that is prevalent amongst Native bands in Canada.
- Hockey sticks, between the beavers. I'm assuming I don't have to explain this one.
- The building is our Parliament, in the capital of Canada: Ottawa, Ontario.
- There are little maple leafs. These are very prevalent in Eastern Canada, and why all souvenir candy in Canada seems to be maple (yuck!). Interesting fact: there are almost no maple trees in Western Canada where I live.
- The large odd (lol) looking thing in top center is a famous totem pole made by one of the Native bands in Canada (yes the totem pole actually has wings in real life).
I think that's all the main items. I have to say that I am soooo eternally happy that a Canadian mandala was made. It's a big deal to have something to stitch that is specific to Canada and really pretty!! Tracy is soooo awesome for thinking of her neighbours to the north after creating her Flag Day mandala pattern for the USA.
Did I mention how awesome it is to have a gorgeous Canadian themed piece to stitch?!!! :)
Upcoming: - Hopefully some stitching! (maybe some Alice or Mirabilia mermaid)
- It's the local Comic Con here in Calgary next week so no stitching likely for 4 days. But lots of spending and comic goodies!
Thanks for dropping by and remembering me. I know it's been awhile. I'll try to do better.