Friday, May 1, 2020

Book Review: Gideon the Ninth

Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well the space part is irrelevant. The lesbian part comes up but not really anything major. The part that is really the whole focus of the book is necromancy. While convoluted in the beginning by the end I was following 85% of things; the rest I assume is fairly irrelevant. This wraps up many questions, but not all. I have two large questions that I assume book 2 or 3 will answer. Gore and writing style reminded me of Black Panther, Red Wolf (which I also loved). But a lot less sex and innuendos. Very different books and casts of characters but the complexity are close to one another.

I keep telling myself I will write a comprehensive review of Gideon the Ninth (better than what's written above). But then I realize that I don't want to say too much as it will take away from the reading experience. So I'm leaving it as is. I will add this I think this book is AMAZING. It won't be for everyone but it hits high on my best books ever list. It's complex, gory, deadly, and overall heartbreaking. Not for the faint of heart.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

I was going to say, that's a short one for you! But this book keeps popping up on my amazon recommandatiosn too, so who knows how long I'll be able to resist ;)