Monday, August 9, 2021

Book Review: Penelope Strudel

Penelope Strudel: And the Birthday Treasure Hunt
SPOT THE CLUES and CRACK THE CODES to help Penelope find her birthday surprise!
by Brendan Kearney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had a book super similar to this one as a kid. It was one of my favourite books ever. I wish I had a copy or could even remember the name! But it had a hidden dodo on the cover and decoding, search and find, etc. just like what is found in Penelope Strudel. Here you find puffins instead of a dodo.

This is such a beautiful book. Well put together, easy to follow, and sooo fun! The type of book that a 10-year-old will adore; but that the adults will want to join in on to solve the clues. Perfect for a car or plane trip, rainy day, or for a kid that is intrigued by codes. Don't know if your kid cares about decoding? This is a great place to start!

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

This sounds really fun, but I'm mostly happy to hear from you again! :D