Saturday, March 30, 2024

Book Review: All the Dead Shall Weep

All the Dead Shall Weep 
by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A full five stars for being a comfort read. Am I biased? Probably. Is it weird that this western, outlaw, magical series has become a comfort (or easy break) read for me? Maybe. But if you appreciate the way Charlaine Harris develops her characters, and makes the readers love them, then perhaps you get what I mean.

This is book five of the ‘Gunnie Rose’ series. You could start here, but I wouldn’t, especially because the first book is solid and sets the tone for the rest to come.

Just like when I read the Sookie series 20 years ago (gosh am I getting old!!); I’ve become attached to these books and even if the premise is silly, the plot a bit jolting (yes I will concur it was a bit odd the way things just suddenly ‘happened’ in this one), or the story seemingly unplanned, I’ll keep on coming back. Because Harris gives us love, hope, crushing loss, and violent encounters; what more can you ask for? ;)

Besides the next book is going to feature (I hope and assume) a debutante’s ball for grigori (wizards). Thus I have to assume it will be wonderfully pretty and (because you can’t have a Lizbeth or Felicia story without it) a bloody mess. :)

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads!

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't know this series specificially, but I certainly do have my own comfort series, so I know the feeling!