Wednesday, April 29, 2009

UFO's

Jen has started a joint blog about stitching up those UFOs that you have never gotten back to.
I have a quite large one by Stoney Creek, called Past, Present and Future.
If you want to read my story about why this is a UFO you can see my post here. http://ufotofinish.blogspot.com/2009/04/disney-ufo.html

The link for the main blog is located at ufotofinish.blogspot.com if you want to follow the progress of many different projects by different people.

I think this blog is a great idea because it is about finishing what we start, but also helps motivate everyone! :)

Here is a picture of my UFO from last year... I need to get an updated one but the B/F who does my picture taking was out last night.


If you read my (long) story on the blog you will know why I am not sure about completing this project... but I think I will try and give it one night a month and see how I feel about it.

Coming up soon: a giveaway! (just need to get some photos of the items)

6 comments:

Terry said...

This is beautiful Mel! What a lot of work though; you've done so much already. I'll be here to give you all the encouragement you need to finish this. It's too beautiful to stop now! I know you can, I know you can, I know you can, I know you can do it!!

Carolyn NC said...

Love this piece - so cool - not many people have this one!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

This is way too beautiful...in my honest opinion I think you should finish this and donate it to a Children's Hospital. Just work on this a little bit each day and try not to think of your previous situation...just think about how more beautiful it is going to be when you are stitching on this and think about donating it to a Children's Organization or to a Children's Hospital.

You can finish this...I know you can...like I said...just work on it a little bit each day until it is finished.

Take care & Happy Stitching

Rene la Frog said...

You have so much done on this it would be a shame not to finish it. If after it's done you still feel the same way I would frame it and donate it to either a Childrens Hospital or Home for abused children. It is so cheerful I know it would bring a smile to a child who may be suffering.

Brigitte said...

This new blog is certainly a big motivation. I'm still thinking about joining, but first I'll jave to finish all my committment stitching.
Your project is not very far from being finished.

Chris said...

This is a beautiful piece. I agree with others. If you do finish it, donate it to a Children's Hospital if there is one near you.

I found your blog thanks to Ruth and am going to add you to my blog links. I look forward to getting to know you through your blog, great stitching. I hope you visit my blog.