Thursday, March 15, 2012

WIPocalypse #3 (Raven, Babies & Cottages)

Where does the time go? Is it already mid-March? Yeesh! I worked a good steady 3 weeks with overtime at the end of Feb, hence my departure for a bit. But the next 5 weeks are back to normal.

So here's WIPocalypse #3, more photos of cottages and ravens. I have also added a mandatory finish for June (when baby is due) with Just Nan's Baby Garden. A close family member is having a baby and I'm so excited (as they actually live in my city!) so I decided to do up this cute little gem. The sampler is on a basic ivory 28th evenweave. I wanted to do it on a greenish fabric but just lost too much of the colours. Here's the first band put together:


On to Raven. this piece is likely to be my submittion this year for the Calgary Stampede art & craft awards (some of you may recall the geometric one from last year). While this is not a subject matter that everyone loves it is something that my partner and I love and will put up in our house. Therefore it seems like something I will stitch really, really well and frankly is likely the only other bigger finish to happen before the entry deadline at the end of June (I could maybe put in the Baby Garden instead but likely not). Here is the raven so far, a few more words to go and then of course the bird itself. This is on 30ct WDW over 2 with 2 strands of silk:


Finally the Cottage of the Month series. I've really been loving doing these up. They continue to give me great joy. By doing them on 40ct over 2 with 1 strand they have held that petite style I like but are still nice and easy rows of stitching. What a lovely change from my HAEDs and Baby Garden they are. I've had February done for sometime but no chance to share. Here she be:


And I'm about halfway through March (with April all ready to go right away after). I changed some of the pink in March to purple as I didn't want so much pink next to the crazy pink February. Here is March so far:


I'm going to push hard on Raven and Baby Garden for the next couple months but still try to get some time in on Dragons (of course) and Cottages (as a break).  I'm feeling like I have so many projects on the go these days (which I guess I do) which is okay so long as I continue to focus.

Thank you so much for stopping by and if you're in on WIPocalypse only 10 more months until the world ends and we can't stitch anymore.    :)
*hugs*
Mel.

10 comments:

mab3500 said...

beautiful work on all. I Love the Raven! Poe is one of my favorite poets.

Vicky L said...

Your new projects are very lovely. Looking forward seeing more.

Diane (di) said...

Everything looks wonderful, Mel.
Love the colors in "February". Great job!!

Emily in NC said...

Baby Garden will be really cute, and like the fabric for Raven. All you other stitching in nice as well.

Denise SA said...

I love the way the Just Nan design looks and also the cottages. I have stitched January and was going to do them as one large piece but I really do not like the linen I have stitched it on and I do not think I have another suitable piece of linen big enough to start again but if I stitched over one it
Ight work.

Elena said...

What lovely pieces you have. Your sampler is cute. I love the Feb. cottage.

Happy Stitching

(voted on your poll)

Nancy M said...

Nice projects, I just finished March myself.I haven't been stitching much and have not blogged at all!

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching.

Marl

Unknown said...

Wow, all your pieces are so lovely!

Pumpkin said...

You've been a busy girl! Your WIPs all look wonderful Mel :o)