Thursday, April 2, 2020

Book Review: Twisted Fairy Tales: Snow White and the Seven Robots

Twisted Fairy Tales: Snow White and the Seven Robots
by Stewart Ross


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well if this take on Snow White in space isn't the cutest ever! I mean who doesn't love the line:
"Viewscreen, viewscreen, who is doing best of all?"

That's right, no beauty obsession here; just female engineers making robots and space stuff. Additionally this time our 'witch' is Snow White's actual Mother; no evil stepmother to be found here. And the 'dwarves' are just perfect. But I can't say anymore or it will spoil the surprise and take away the fun.

I love this little series of Twisted Fairy Tales that Arcturus Publishing has recently started coming out with. This is my second one and I gotta say if the rest are even half as good as Snow White and the Seven Robots then they'll all be great. Easy enough to be read by children just learning to read, but short enough for a longer read aloud choice. Lovely illustrations throughout help break the pages up so children don't feel overwhelmed by too much text on the page.

I have one complaint about Snow White, and that is that she did no readings of the strange planet she ended up on to make sure she could breathe the air. This is obvious space travel 101 to me. Oh wait, unless we are on Star Trek planets where the air is always safe (lol).

I'm really looking forward to more in this adorable series; and these are for sure going to be gifts for little ones I know in the near future!

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Aw, this sounds so cute! I hope these'll come out in German too eventually.