Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Stitching: Pumpkin Finish

Well... everyone still out there?

I feel very off lately. Stitching (and reading) has been hurting because of it. I have been hearing that many people are a bit off-kilter lately; and rightfully so. No matter where you live in the world you can't avoid the issues of COVID-19 and likely the USA election. Here in Canada we are anxiously awaiting (as is everyone) for Dec 14 when the election will be 'finalized' so we can all start planning for what things might look like in January. And in my city we are seeing crazy high infections and should be locking down; although our government is being flaky about it. Again all things I'm sure most of you are encountering as well. 

As I've been struggling to stitch I decided to pull out a brand new project, a nice, easy, fun Mill Hill Kit. This is from this year's set of Halloween releases, Glowing Pumpkin. As always it's on 14ct perforated paper using DMC and Mill Hill beads (all kindly provided in the kit). 



3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I know what you mean about feeling 'off'. For me September was an 'off' month for sure, when I didn't get a lot done, both hobby- and workwise. And the week of the election thriller this month was *very* off for me too, although I seem to have done a lot of anxiety-stitching then! That pumpkin is gorgeous, well done on your little finish. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it released, but haven't gotten around to picking it up yet!

Kaisievic said...

Love your pumpkin and luckily, Trump is on his way out albeit kicking and screaming!

Joy said...

Hi Mel!

I got a new laptop so I may start blogging again. We just bought a house so I haven’t unpacked all my stitching yet. The pumpkin turned out nice. I love perforated plastic/paper for how easy they finish!