Friday, April 1, 2022

Book Review: What We Devour

What We DevourWhat We Devour by Linsey Miller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I’ve should have a lot to say on this one and I wanted to love it, but I just didn’t. The plot was (maybe) too complex, politics were hard to understand, magic system was poorly explained, and characters were quite flat.
It's sad because, overall it's an an amazing idea and concept!! What We Devour just didn’t execute the way I needed it to. Maybe another round of editing, some beta readers to give feedback on confusing plot, and some time spent really giving life and personality to the characters.
I know Linsey Miller can make great characters as I’ve read another book of hers I really enjoyed. This one just felt a bit too rushed to publication and less complete. So sad because the moral crisis here is fascinating. So many great political, social and moral comments to examine; if you can get through all the pitfalls.

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.
This is an honest and unbiased review.


Follow me on Goodreads!

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

It's unusual for you to give such a short review for a book you finished! Shame, the idea sounds really promising.