Friday, January 5, 2024

Book Review: Never Whistle in the Dark

Never Whistle at Night: An Indigenous Dark Fiction Anthology 
by Shane Hawk
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I knew it would happen one day… I would give an anthology five stars! Yes there are lessor stories in here; maybe three or four. However, the amazing stories more than make up for them. Especially when there are 28 stories included here!!
All kinds of horror are portrayed here. Clever concepts, folklore, myth, colonization, torture, gore, ghosts, monsters and so much more!

Normally I would have notes for each story in this collection but GR seems to be hiding them. So instead I’ll say, go buy this book!!! You will not be disappointed. :)

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Shame about the missing comments, I always enjoy your anthology reviews! But it does sound really good.