Sunday, February 17, 2019

Book Review: Days of the Dead

Days of the DeadDays of the Dead by Kersten Hamilton

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF @ 39%

This was a little too focused on religion for my tastes. I realize that Day of the Dead is a very religious holiday and ceremonial but the lead up to the actual event was centred entirely around the sins, confessions and actions of our lead girl.

Flipping forward some and skimming some pages it didn’t seem like much plot was going to creep in and instead mostly focused around out lead girls attempt to come to terms with her mothers suicide being deemed a sin.

I’m sure there is a lot to learn and process in this story. Unfortunately the writing was very simple and boring to me and I saw no value in continuing forward with this one.

For this and more of my reviews please visit my blog at: Epic Reading

Please note: I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. This is an honest and unbiased review.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't know...the blurb sounds great, but I can also see how this could get very religious very fast, and I don't always enjoy that.