Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Book Review: Land-Water-Sky

Land-Water-Sky / Ndè-Tı-Yat’a
by Katłıà
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wonderful! Very accessible even with the language inclusions (which I loved!!) and the stories tie together in the end.
These are not written as ‘old’ stories. Most are very modern with the elements of tradition and creatures of old. I absolutely loved the way it was set-up and written.

I really want to know if the stretch of haunted highway exists up in Northern Canada; and if so where. I legit got shivers each time one of the ladies was driving it.

At the end of the day my only complaint was it was too short! I wanted more!! This is a wonderful step into Indigenous writing in Canada and I hope we see a lot more like it very soon.

Follow me on Goodreads

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

This does sound pretty awesome. A little expensive for how short it is, but will watch out for it going on sale maybe!