Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015-A Stitch From Stash BEGINS!

The date changed, and that means it's the first day of Stitch From Stash 2015-A!
I went on a smallish spending spree during the break and am hoping that will keep my buying bug under control for at least a month. Lol. We will see.

I got the calendar girls series for almost half price at ABCstitch which is sooo exciting. They will be my fall start I think (gotta wait that 6 months) for this year. I'm going to do the girls all in a long row, with no months underneath but with their dividers between them.
I think my faves are August (with the books!) and October (with pumpkins of course!)



I also got a few other new projects that I'll share as they come in up the stash. :)

Other projects happening on holidays:  has been white, white and more white on Dragons. It may be quick to stitch but there's a lot of it and it's pretty boring. I'll be very excited to move onto the last page which is a little less white.
A new start: on a cute little mill hill kit. Finish to be shown soon!
Gift stitching: Two down, one to go. I will be sharing some progress of the third project (I think it's safe, lol).

For now I hope everyone is staying away from online shopping and focusing on  all the goodies they got over the last few weeks.
Happy Stitching! 


18 comments:

CJ said...

Happy new year. Thanks for hosting Stitch from Stash I have printed the rules to help keep me on track this year. Where can I get the SFS 2015 button for my blog?

CJ

Gillie said...

Good idea to print the rules! After moaning at you about the free spend dates (when I wasn't near my LNS) I succumbed at 11.12 pm ET and did a modest amount of internet shopping at said LNS ....and got some threads!

Happy New Year to you and The Man!

Kate said...

I did my last splurge shopping a couple days ago so I'm ready! Love the Calendar girls; I bought the January one and am planning on getting the rest throughout the year.

Joy said...

I almost bought stuff during the break but I told myself that I already had enough WIPs to work on to be buying new stuff!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Made my last purchase of the year yesterday and am now ready to give the zero balance thing a try. Woo Hoo! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year,
Not going to look at any online shop ^_^

Leonore Winterer said...

I did a bit of spending-crazy as well during the break, and of course just this morning I see something else I NEED...oh well, I will try to resist. For now, at least.

So, I see you are starting to wait these 6 months on purpose as well...I'll probably do the same, yo yay for that :D

Miamina said...

Good luck with the new SFS challenge!

Shebafudge said...

Woohoo, it's here! All this stash spending was getting tedious...lol.

I only put 2 orders in - one for fabric and one for JCS ornie 2014 which I really cannot believe I didn't order. How did I miss that!

Roberta said...

Hoping that all will be another good year of working with my stash. I do however, have two classes here in January and I know the kit cost does not count, hopefully, there will not be additional goodie.

I will be spending money on 18 count Linen - I am making 7 Shepherd Bush stockings for the nieces and nephews. I have the patterns and a good supply of pearle cotton. Will keep Mel updated as to what I end up spending on this project.

llknbillburg said...

Hey Mel, I was going over the rules this morning, just to make sure I was on the right track and I don't see the details of when and how we are supposed to report our spending. Could you cover that somewhere?? Thanks, Laura

Magical Mystery said...

Awesome! I am ready to be good - and hope it lasts too :D

Kate said...

I found it difficult to switch off the SFS mentality and so spent a big fat zero in the free days!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy New Year. I did buy a few bits to up my stash, mainly threads. I ha e also had my first finish completely from stash :-) it's my 2014 orts ornament

Thoeria said...

I'm so ready for SFS! 2014 saw way too much spending! I'm still waiting on orders that I had placed back in August ...thanks to our 4 month postal strike they're still out there somewhere!! So don't anticipate any more spending this year!

Lisa Dunn said...

The calendar girls are sooo cute! I don't know if I could wait until the fall to start them. :o)

Thanks for hosting the SFS again. I will make it through this time. :o)

EvalinaMaria said...

Happy New Year Mel! I bought some extra fabric, some floss a few more charts during our 'free' days in December. Now I'm ready to stitch just from stash the whole year. I'm also entered in the Super Duper Crazy January Challenge and all my new starts are just from stash. Happy stitching dear!

rosey175 said...

Good luck with the SFS! I think it's great that people are putting a dent in their substantial collections haha. :)