Monday, January 12, 2015

Itty Bitty Mill Hill Stitchy's

A finish and a start to share with you all today. Both are from Mill Hill’s little kits that are on perforated paper.
I’ve been asked before why I do these simple little kits and like them so much. It’s  a good question and so I will revist it. I LOVE these little guys because they are a quick (2-3 night at most) activity to get a quick finish. They are super cute, colorful, and have lots of fun beads. With about a 50/50 split between stitches and beads I find  them to be quite satisfying in terms of look (when finished) and journey to the finish. Also, I do not have many projects with beads and would hate to start losing my technique with them so I like doing the bead parts the most.
The other big reason I love these is they are easy. Sometimes when I’m not feeling good, really tired or just not in the mood for any of WIPs then these little kits always satisfy without taking up all my brain strength.
This is Witches Hat all done up except for cutting out and backing:



And this is the start of Caterpillar:

I’ve been trying to work on Dragons every couple of days. As it’s just filling in the white, cream and light yellow areas it’s fast but easily boring so I tend to do a little of it and then switch to something else for the rest of the night. It’s working so far and I’m about 2/3 of the way done the page already!

Amazing, so far I’ve not spent anything which is good news for Stitch From Stash. I’m going to try and get through the whole month. Should be able to as I still have items I ordered coming to me in the mail. I find that getting them in the mail is as exciting as having placed the order. So it’s like two days of buying but only paying once. LOL!

Happy Stitching!

34 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful -- love those Mill Hill sparkles!

Irene said...

I like their little kits too and ordered some last year. I'm hoping they will come soon.

Love the witches hat!

Unknown said...

love the hat

Cindy's Stitching said...

I like quick projects to. Really pretty

Vickie said...

I love Mill Hill kits!!! Such a great job!!!

Linda said...

Pretty finish and start Mel. Those kits are really cute but I don't do beads.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful! I love these little kits too.

Heather said...

Those are cute I love the colors on the hat!

Olna Jenn Smith said...

I love Mill Hill too. I'm doing the Smalls SAL this year too, and I'm focusing mainly on Mill Hill. I'd be doing entirely Mill Hill but I can't find some kits I am SURE I had! Normally I'd buy them again, but now ... I'd hate to spend my budget (now that I actually have one!) and then find them. So I have some other small little projects on linen too.

Blu said...

Witches Hat is so sparkly and pretty! I look forward to seeing Caterpillar finished.

Anonymous said...

the witches hat is soo cute!! What do you do with all of them

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh lovely, beaded work always looks so special

Rachel said...

The Witches hat is beautiful and so bright. Looking forward to seeing Caterpillar completed. :)

Sarah said...

These are super cute!

Jen said...

Those are so cute, love the hat

Mii Stitch said...

Witches Hat is just so colourful & bright, this is why I really love working on Halloween designs :)
Looking forward to see the caterpillar finished :)

D1-D2 said...

I've always wanted to get these kits. I bought one for my sister to try cross stitch and it looked like fun. I just haven't found a kit that speaks to me yet.

rosey175 said...

Fun bead work projects! Especially like the colors in the hat. Beading needles are not exactly my friend though, ahaha.

CJ said...

The projects are so cute. TFS.

As for me and SFS, well that is another story. So glad I am in.

Caitlin D said...

Such a cute project! I love the detail the beads give it.

Leonore Winterer said...

You made me fall in love with those Mill HIll kits, so it's entirely your fault if I end up buying some! Great job on not spending anything yet, though :)

Brigitte said...

These little projects are so lovely, and absolutely great for stitching in between huge projects.
Have fun with your new stash.

Malinda said...

So cute! I have been wanting to stitch one of these little guys. I feel a bit intimidated by beads. Nice work!

Loretta said...

I love stitching MH kits, too.

The Witches Hat is so cute - love the colours. Can't wait to see the completed Catepillar.

Unknown said...

Love the witch's hat - so bright and colourful

Lisa Dunn said...

Oh, they are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I love them too for traveling and also when I am tired but still want to stitch.

quietgirl255

Susan said...

Those little kits are the best! I don't have anymore in my stash but I do have a bunch of the village houses. Do love the colors in the witches hat.

Kate said...

Nice, quick finishes can help motivate work on larger pieces too.
They look fabulous.

Lyn said...

I love your projects. I have done some beading bur not near what you have. I love it too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your witches hat looks great! Congrats on the finish!

Sharon said...

What cute stitch! I love Mill Hills too. The beads just make those designs pop! I also love the colors they choose - they're just so cheerful.

I also like the way that your mind works as far as getting two "giddy" days for the price of one! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love these beaded beauties too! The hat is just great.

And yes, I get excited twice over online shopping.

Alyssa F said...

I LOVE that witches hat pattern! The Mill Hill kits are always fun to do.