Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mel's January SFS2015-A Report

Looking for January log-in/reporting for SFS2015-A? See post below this one to get your blog counted! 

 
There is sunlight for a few minutes after work these days. A sure sign that it is getting later in January and yet somehow I can notice the light change but not the days going by! 
I did okay on budget this month, with only a couple eBay items from the same seller. I swear without eBay I would be a lot better at this challenge! Though it does help that some goodies I ordered over Christmas arrived too. 
 
Spent: $19.25
Finishes: none $0 credit
 
I'm going to be able to count 1/2 a page of Dragons that has been worked on since January 1, 2015 soon. As well as most of the piece for a friend I am still doing. As I hate stitch counting I will be patient and wait for my pieces to be finished or page finished before racking up any finishing amounts.
Both the above pieces have deadlines (or at least hopeful deadline for Dragons) that I fear are fast approaching so time to get back to stitching!

14 comments:

Shebafudge said...

hurray! Still within budget :)

Leonore Winterer said...

You did well for the first month, and hooray for page finishes closing in! So, what did you get from ebay? We want to see!~

Esmeralda said...

Yes we want to see :)
Well done on your budget

Ruth said...

Congrats --- you are a better budgeted stitcher than I :) Apparently I lack a shopping spine.

Lisa Dunn said...

Good job on staying within the budget! Ebay is my kryptonite. Especially those old crewel kits from the 70s. I can't even look. lol

Emma/Itzy said...

well done on sticking to budget!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Within budget is good going, maybe you should have a 'dry' eBay month in February

Irene said...

Well done on the budget. I'm hoping not to blow mine next month; my husband is heading to Adelaide and there's a store I'd like him to stop into ...

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Fabulous! Nicely done on keeping it under the budget :D

Thoeria said...

Great going on stitcking to the budget!

Susan said...

Yeah for another in-budget month.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you managed to stick to budget. Don't think of ebay as a curse but rather as a blessing as you can get thing so much cheaper. Mind you, if it weren't for ebay I wouldn't have half the stuff I do! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on staying within budget. I've spent a little so far but it's all been vouchers so the only real money went on postage.

Lija Broka said...

Well done on meeting the budget. At least you have probably got yourself a bargain from ebay! I decided to update some of my tabs recently and decided to do the stash one (sigh) and I was feeling so good when I went down the list and removed all I have started/finished/gifted last year ... and then I added all I bought/was gifted items and I am only 3 kits down! But on a positive side it is a decrease (rather than an increase) I am dreading to think what would have happened without stitch from stash. Thanks for organising it! Hopefully you will have some finishes soon!